TOOLS for LITERACY in the MATH CLASSROOM:
- Download a quick reference quide ~ Download Math Literacy Handout
- Math Thinking Notes for Team McClure ~ Download Math Thinking NotesTEMPLATE
- The Process Step-by-Step ~ Close Reading in math ~ Download Process StepsMATH
Accountable Talk for Speaking & Listening in the Math. Speaking and brainstorming is a good way to get students ready for writing!
Download Menu of Accountable TalkREV
- The Stop Light (from the Teaching Channel) Click on this link for the web link and helpful information about this strategy. Download The stoplight formative assemt
- Chalk Talk - This is similar to a text thread! A quiet activity where students are demonstrating knowledge and understaning of the math topic being learned. Click on this link for a picture of a completed Chalk Talk.
View this photo
- Check out this website--a great tool for materials and lessons! https://www.map.mathshell.org/materials/lessons.php
- Useful tool for writing in Math/Washington Assessment of Student Learning (WASL) https://www.pasd.wednet.edu/school/mathWASL/
- An article about math in the "real-world." Enjoy! Download Voices Common Core helps teachers prioritize